- Use powerful design patterns for an innovative and cutting-edge approach to web development
- Enhance the performance of your libraries by focusing on a new aspect in every video
After working through this video course, you will be equipped with all the knowledge, tips, and hacks you need to stand out in the advanced world of web development.
What you will learn from this video course
- Understand how to maintain code consistency by learning naming convention best practices
- Lay the groundwork for creating libraries by loading scripts dynamically
- Integrate Modernizr into your workflow to get rid of manual feature detection
- Create and manipulate DOM elements using Sizzle
- Make your library secure with the help of the advanced façade pattern
- Add a time manager to your library using the singleton design pattern
Who this video course is for
Style and approach
A practical, well-structured video course that gives the users hands-on experience for creating their own original libraries using a variety of design patterns.
Ben Fhala discovered his passion for data visualization while he was working at Parsons in New York, in their data visualization department, PIIM. He is the owner of the online video training school, 02geek.com, and an Adobe ACP. He enjoys spending most of his time learning and teaching and has a love for visual programming and visualization in general. Ben has had the honor of developing applications for members of the US Congress, Prime Ministers, and Presidents around the World.
Over the past ten years Packt Publishing has developed an extensive catalogue of over 3000 books, e-books and video courses aimed at keeping IT professionals ahead of the technology curve. From new takes on established technologies through to the latest guides on emerging platforms, topics and trends – Packt's focus has always been on giving our customers the working knowledge they need to get the job done. Our courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise screencast tutorials straight from the experts.
StartThe Course Overview (2:58)
PreviewDownload and Talkback
StartUsing White Space for Readability (5:21)
StartDeclaring Variables (7:54)
StartDeclaring Complex Data Types and Functions (4:23)
StartOOP Naming Conventions (4:15)
StartCreating a Global Namespace (4:47)
StartConstants (and Pseudo constants) (3:49)
StartSmart Coercion of Data Fields (4:25)