Adobe AIR Desktop, Android and iOS Development Starter
Learn one language and build with it Mac and PC Desktop, Android, iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch applications in no time.
While Apple really wants you to code in Objective-C and Google wants you to develop in Java for Android, Microsoft wants you to develop in .net and blackberry in... you get the point how can one person build in so many languages and more over then that do you really need to start from scratch for each output application?
The answer if you ask these companies respectfully would be yes as they would love to lock you into one language there language. So much so that when Adobe Air was initially released to support iPhone, Apple slipped the rug under Adobe's feet and made it illegal to deploy applications using Adobe Air on the early days of iPhone. The good news is even Apple realized they can't fight this and Adobe Air is now fully supported on Apple, Blackberry,Android, Televisions, Desktops (mac and pc) and more.
The basic idea is simple. You just need to know one powerful language AS3 and with it you can develop applications for all the supported mobile and desktop options.
The run-time provides a consistent cross-operating system platform and framework for deploying applications and therefore eliminates cross-browser testing by ensuring consistent functionality and interactions across desktops. Instead of developing for a specific operating system, you target the run-time.
- Applications developed in AIR run across multiple OS without additional work.
- The runtime ensures consistent and predictable presentation and interactions across all the operating systems supported by AIR.
- Applications can be built faster by leveraging existing web technologies and design patterns.
- no need to learn a new language for every deployment.
- Costs are much lower to develop
- Application development is easier than using lower-level languages such as C and C++.
Got a question? just pick up your hand and we will be right there as that's what we do at 02GEEK .
Our Students Love Us.
Don't take our word for it. take over 275 students on Udemy that gave us 5 Star review and over 11,500 students on Udemy (and 1000's more in our school 02GEEK ) or check out what some of what our students had to say about us such as (CLICK STUDENT NAME FOR VIDEO REVIEW):
- Adam Scott The Interactive Learning Designer turned Internal Game Designer of GameStop.
- Jay Cooper the IT wiz that wanted to know what the programers where talking about.
- Dylan Smith the creative Developer that wanted to brush up on his skills.
- Eric Moore the creative Video artist that wanted to geek it out with us.
- Oren Ofer the art student that was stuck while making his finals and found us.
- Danny Priest our Teen Wiz and one of our youngest students that builds games and is having fun.
An Adobe ACP and part of the Adobe pre-release members. Owner of 02Geek.com and the author of the book HTML5 Graphing and Data Visualization. Award winning developer. Most of all a guy that really loves learning and teaching when ever he can. I hope you find my courses interesting and I really hope you enjoy them.